A First Insight into the Genetic Diversity and Drug Susceptibility Pattern of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex in Zhejiang, ChinaReportar como inadecuado




A First Insight into the Genetic Diversity and Drug Susceptibility Pattern of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex in Zhejiang, China - Descarga este documento en PDF. Documentación en PDF para descargar gratis. Disponible también para leer online.

BioMed Research International - Volume 2016 2016, Article ID 8937539, 8 pages -

Research Article

The Institute of TB Control, Zhejiang Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Zhejiang, China

National Center for TB Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China

Received 19 July 2016; Revised 9 October 2016; Accepted 24 October 2016

Academic Editor: Frederick D. Quinn

Copyright © 2016 Zhengwei Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.

Abstract

In this study, our aim was to determine the predominant genotypes among the Mycobacterium tuberculosis MTB strains circulating in Zhejiang Province. In addition, we also sought to determine the potential associations between MTB genotypes and susceptibility to first-line drugs. Out of these isolates, 673 71.6% were classified into the Beijing genotype, while the other 267 28.4% were from non-Beijing families. The highest proportion of Beijing genotype was found in Huzhou 80.0% and the lowest in Lishui 48.3%. Statistical analysis revealed that there was a significant difference in the prevalence of Beijing genotype among different regions χ

= 17.57, P = 0.04. In addition, the overall proportions of drug resistance to INH, RIF, SM, and EMB were 13.2% 124-940, 21.8% 75-940, 3.4% 32-940, and 5.9% 55-940 in Zhejiang, respectively. Further comparison revealed that there was no significant difference in drug susceptibility profiles between Beijing and non-Beijing strains P > 0.05. In conclusion, we describe the genetic diversity and drug susceptibility pattern of MTB in Zhejiang for the first time. Our data demonstrate that Beijing genotype is the predominant lineage in Zhejiang, while the distribution of Beijing-genotype strains shows geographic diversity. In addition, no correlation is observed between Beijing genotype and anti-TB drug resistance.





Autor: Zhengwei Liu, Yu Pang, Songhua Chen, Beibei Wu, Haibo He, Aizhen Pan, and Xiaomeng Wang

Fuente: https://www.hindawi.com/



DESCARGAR PDF




Documentos relacionados