Accurate determination of electric-dipole matrix elements in K and Rb from Stark shift measurements - Physics > Atomic PhysicsReportar como inadecuado




Accurate determination of electric-dipole matrix elements in K and Rb from Stark shift measurements - Physics > Atomic Physics - Descarga este documento en PDF. Documentación en PDF para descargar gratis. Disponible también para leer online.

Abstract: Stark shifts of potassium and rubidium D1 lines have been measured with highprecision by Miller et al 1. In this work, we combine these measurements withour all-order calculations to determine the values of the electric-dipolematrix elements for the 4p j-3d j- transitions in K and for the 5p j-4d j-transitions in Rb to high precision. The 4p 1-2-3d 3-2 and 5p 1-2-4d 3-2transitions contribute on the order of 90% to the respective polarizabilitiesof the np 1-2 states in K and Rb, and the remaining 10% can be accuratelycalculated using the relativistic all-order method. Therefore, the combinationof the experimental data and theoretical calculations allows us to determinethe np-n-1d matrix elements and their uncertainties. We compare these valueswith our all-order calculations of the np-n-1d matrix elements in K and Rbfor a benchmark test of the accuracy of the all-order method for transitionsinvolving nd states. Such matrix elements are of special interest for manyapplications, such as determination of magic wavelengths in alkali-metal atomsfor state-insensitive cooling and trapping and determination of blackbodyradiation shifts in optical frequency standards with ions.



Autor: Bindiya Arora, M. S. Safronova, Charles W. Clark

Fuente: https://arxiv.org/







Documentos relacionados