Influence of Depression and Somatization on Acute and Chronic Orofacial Pain in Patients with Single or Multiple TMD DiagnosesReportar como inadecuado




Influence of Depression and Somatization on Acute and Chronic Orofacial Pain in Patients with Single or Multiple TMD Diagnoses - Descarga este documento en PDF. Documentación en PDF para descargar gratis. Disponible también para leer online.

Collegium antropologicum, Vol.35 No.3 September 2011. -

To examine whether psychological variables such as depression and non-specific physical symptoms somatization

influence pain entity among acute and chronic TMD patients with one or more TMD diagnoses muscle disorders, MD;

disc displacements, DD; and arthralgia, arthritis, arthrosis, AAA. One hundred and fifty-four patients 37 male and

117 female; mean age, 39.0±14.5 years with Research Diagnostic Criteria for Temporomandibular Disorders RDC-

TMD protocol were selected. Differences in mean depression and somatization scores between acute and chronic TMD

patients, as well as TMD patients with one or multiple TMD diagnoses were compared by using the parametric T-test for

independent samples. The majority of patients were acute TMD patients 81.8%, while the remaining 28 patients 18.2%

were chronic TMD patients. 62% of patients had only one TMD diagnosis MD or DD or AAA, 31% of patients had two

diagnoses MD+DD, MD+AAA, DD+AAA and, finally, 7% of patients had three diagnoses MD+DD+AAA according

to the RDC-TMD protocol. According to the SCL-90 psychometric evaluation, 19.5% of patients presented a severe depression

score >1.105, 27.3% of participants presented a severe somatization score with pain items included >1.000.

The results of the t-test for independent samples showed statistically significant differences between acute and chronic

TMD patients p



Autor: Robert Ćelić - Vedrana Braut - Nikola Petričević -

Fuente: http://hrcak.srce.hr/



DESCARGAR PDF




Documentos relacionados