Vol 13: Recognition of physiotherapists expertise in Parkinsons disease.Reportar como inadecuado



 Vol 13: Recognition of physiotherapists expertise in Parkinsons disease.


Vol 13: Recognition of physiotherapists expertise in Parkinsons disease. - Descarga este documento en PDF. Documentación en PDF para descargar gratis. Disponible también para leer online.

Descargar gratis o leer online en formato PDF el libro: Vol 13: Recognition of physiotherapists expertise in Parkinsons disease.
This article is from BMC Health Services Research, volume 13.AbstractBackground: Publicly available information comparing performance across quality and costs has proliferated in recent years, both about individual healthcare professionals and hospitals. This type of information is now becoming increasingly available for physiotherapists with expertise in Parkinson’s disease PD. Our study aimed to explore the ability of people with Parkinson’s disease to recognise expertise, and to what extent respondents selectively choose such expert physiotherapists. Methods: We used claim data from the period 2009–2010 to select customers with PD who claimed physiotherapy. A random sample of 500 eligible respondents received a paper-based survey. We used descriptive statistics to compare the respondent characteristics, a qualitative programme to analyse the qualitative items, and univariate and multivariate regression. Results: Most respondents 89% took their referring physician’s advice when selecting a physiotherapist, although this advice rarely was supported with arguments. The remaining respondents 11% searched for comparative performance information about physiotherapists. Respondents who recognised the added value of PD expertise among physiotherapists were 3.28 times as likely to search for comparative performance information as those who did not understand. Respondents were willing to switch to an expert physiotherapist 68%, and this willingness increased if they recognised the value of PD expertise p 



Autor: Ketelaar, Nicole ABM; Munneke, Marten; Bloem, Bastiaan R; Westert, Gert P; Faber, Marjan J

Fuente: https://archive.org/



DESCARGAR PDF




Documentos relacionados