Genetic diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from Beijing, China assessed by Spoligotyping, LSPs and VNTR profilesReportar como inadecuado




Genetic diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from Beijing, China assessed by Spoligotyping, LSPs and VNTR profiles - Descarga este documento en PDF. Documentación en PDF para descargar gratis. Disponible también para leer online.

BMC Infectious Diseases

, 12:372

Tuberculosis and other mycobacterial diseases

Abstract

BackgroundTuberculosis is one of the most infectious diseases in the world. Molecular typing methods such as spoligotyping, and VNTR variable number tandem repeats, IS6110 in the NTF region and LSP large sequence polymorphisms analysis are generally useful tools for the resolution of various issues related to the classical epidemiology of Mycobacterium tuberculosis M. tuberculosis.

MethodsTo determine the transmission characteristics of M. tuberculosis strains isolated in Beijing, China, and their genetic relationships, especially those among Beijing family strains, 260 M. tuberculosis strains isolated from patients presenting pulmonary tuberculosis were analyzed by spoligotyping, and by examining 22 VNTR loci and the presence-absence of IS6110 in the NTF region, RD105 and RD181.

Results81% 211 strains of the isolates studied were Beijing family strains, 174 82.5% of which were identified as modern Beijing strains based on the presence of IS6110 upstream of the NTF region. RD181 was intact in 9 of the other 37 17.5% ancestral Beijing strains. The percentage of Beijing family strains in this study was consistent with previous reports. There are many differences, however, in allele diversity among VNTR loci between reports on strains from different areas.

ConclusionsThe Beijing family is the most prevalent genotype in Beijing city and the predominance of Beijing family strains has not altered in almost twenty years. Differences in the alleles and discrimination ability of VNTR loci between different regions is likely due to population differences in the regions where these M. tuberculosis strains were isolated or to differences in sampling times.

KeywordsM. tuberculosis Beijing family Genotyping Electronic supplementary materialThe online version of this article doi:10.1186-1471-2334-12-372 contains supplementary material, which is available to authorized users.

Bing Lu, Ping Zhao, Binbin Liu, Haiyan Dong contributed equally to this work.

Download fulltext PDF



Autor: Bing Lu - Ping Zhao - Binbin Liu - Haiyan Dong - Qin Yu - Xiuqin Zhao - Kanglin Wan

Fuente: https://link.springer.com/







Documentos relacionados